Beast of Prey, Apex Legends’ latest collection event, launched Tuesday with an update that brought a new limited-time mode, some minor meta-description changes, and plenty of new cosmetic items to the game — including the much-anticipated Loba weapon. The event is significant enough that the game’s developers deemed it appropriate to schedule two Reddit AMAs to answer players’ questions about the upcoming Apex changes.
The first AMA focused mainly on the new Gun Run LTM, and it happened yesterday. AMA II You will take care of the legends, weapons, and general meta of the game. scheduled to take place on The official subreddit Apex Legends Today at 1 PM PT / 4 PM ET. With enough content to fill two Reddit AMAs, the Beast of Prey event has a lot to offer, so keep reading for a step-by-step breakdown of each feature in the store.
Arguably the most exciting new feature to access alongside the Beast of Prey update, Gun Run is a new limited-time mode that brings Outlands style to the standard Gun Game mode. Four teams of four players must work their way to victory by working through an arsenal of 25 kills at a time. Her firearms up to 25 kills are replaced with throwing knives that give all members of that squad the ability to win the match on their own. The first team to kill a knife wins.
Throwing knives can be practiced within the shooting range, so don’t forget to visit them if you are struggling to hit your targets.
event cosmetics set
The Beast of Prey cosmetic set consists of 24 items, each of which is unlockable with Apex Coins (100 AC – $1 USD), Crafting Metals, or Beast of Prey Apex Packs (700 AC each). The following items are included in the kit:
Epic (1000 AC / 800 Metal Forge)
- Preyed at Lifeline Banner Frame
- Xenothrone Horizon Banner Frame
- 3rd part holo spay
- Show off your skydiving luba expression
- Joyful Gigawatts Wattson Emote
- Expressions of Ones and Triple Mirage
- Hollow the skin of the legend of Gibraltar one
- Walker Blight Revenant Skin Myth
- SMG Toxic Auto Waste Weapon Skin
- Chemlock Weapon Skin Damaging Spray Longbow Weapon Skin Bloody Gold
- Leather Arctic Wing Weapon Arctic Fox
Legendary (1,800 AC/2,400 Metal Crafting)
- Bounty Hunter Views Legend of the Skin
- Healing the hunter legend lifeline skin
- Thrilling the skin of the legend of Hunt Luba
- Death Generator Weapon Skin Mark
- Chunky Tech Havoc Weapon Skin
- Toxic Takedown Peacekeeper’s Weapon Skin
- The octane dies out of the tired skin
- Search and destroy the Legend of the Pathfinder Skin
- Frozen Carnage Rampart Legend Skin
- Secondary jaw weapon skin
- Golden Claw Weapon Skin
- Hug mother horizon skin legend
Take a closer look at Alien vs. Alien-inspired cosmetics.
Legacy Luba Group
Unlocking all 24 Beast of Prey cosmetics will obtain Loba’s heirloom weapon, Garra de Alanza (“Claw of Alanza”). Modeled after a fan owned by her late mother Alanza, Luba’s Legacy features sharp, claw-like blades and a unique screening feat that shows her cutting one of the spare Revenant skulls in half.
Players who unlock the Loba Legacy Deck will receive the following items:
- Gara de Alanza’s Legacy Weapon
- Trazer de Volta (“return” or “return”) makes up the Luba banner
- “I’m in my own class” Luba sarcastic introduction
Loba’s Heirloom will also be available for purchase at the Mythic Store in exchange for Heirloom Shards once the event is over. Legacy Fragments are earned by opening Apex Packs, and players are guaranteed one set of Fragments for every 500 Apex Packs opened.
The Beast of Prey event also features a series of rewards that can only be unlocked by accumulating Challenge Points. The challenges are renewed every day, and so far, the event appears to be giving players the same set of challenges every day. Each challenge has a second level, allowing you to earn more points for passing the initial challenge.
The first level of challenges is as follows:
- Play 2 matches
- Deals 1500 damage
- Get 5 kills or passes in any mode
- Get 5 fatalities in battle royale
- Get Top 10 Points in Battle Royale 4 times
You will need a total of 5,000 Challenge Points to earn all the free rewards for the event.
You can also earn the following badges for performing specific feats on the battlefield. The following badges can be earned by completing the corresponding challenges:
- Destructive beast of prey: Deal 50,000 damage in any mode during the Beast of Prey event
- exterminator monster: Get 200 kills or assists in any mode during the Beast of Prey event
- Weapon Dealer Monster of Prey: Win 10 Gun Run matches during the Beast of Prey event
- Lord of the Preying Beast: Earn all other Beast of Prey badges
As you collect Challenge Points, you will earn the following rewards:
- Horizon Stats Tracker Combo (Win / Damage Event / Kill): 500 / 1,250 / 2,000 Challenge Points
- Vantage stat tracker set (wins/damage/kills): 750/2500/4000 Challenge Points
- Beasts of Prey Banner Badge: 250 Challenge Points
- Beasts of Prey Music Pack: 250 Challenge Points
- Apex Pack: 1,000 Challenge Points
- Hunter Pack Weapon Magic (Epic): 1500 Challenge Points
- Stalker Vantage Legend (Epic) Skin: 3000 Challenge Points
- Arctic Calibration Weapon Skin (Legendary): 3500 Challenge Points
- Killer Carapice Flatline Weapon Skin (Legendary): 5,000 Challenge Points
There will also be a series of store packages available during the event livestream.
September 20 – 27:
September 27 – October 4:
The Beast of Prey Collection event runs until October 4th, so be sure to start rolling out these Challenge Points if you want to cut free legendary weapon skins from the rewards path.
GameSpot may earn a commission from retail offers.
The products discussed here were independently selected by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.