larablog articlelength The reason why Electric Scooter UK are rapidly gaining popularity is because of the ease of learning. Anyone will master riding them within a day. But you can do it even faster. Here are tips on how to use an electric scooter and easily ride the streets of the city without the risk of harming yourself and others.
How an electric scooter works
The electric scooter runs on lead or lithium batteries. Their capacity is enough to drive from 15 to 30 kilometers, depending on the manufacturer and model.
The battery transfers energy to the electric motor depends on its power:
the ability of the device to overcome climbs,
Electric scooters have at least one motor. Often it is in the wheel.
How to activate an electric scooter
If you do not know how to turn on the electric scooter, read the instructions for it. Often you just need to press the start button on the control panel.
Before riding an electric scooter, activate it using the application on your smartphone . To do this, register and establish a connection with the vehicle via Bluetooth.
From the app menu, you can switch riding modes, change backlight settings, monitor speed, and monitor battery level.
Before riding an electric scooter, it is recommended to check its condition for:
- No tire damage and reliable brakes;
the stability of the folding mechanism and the battery charge level;
acceleration uniformity and absence of cracks on the body.
Be sure to study every element of your electric scooter to know how it works.
- Balance bike or bicycle: 6 facts about each type of children’s transport
Different tips for safe driving
It is important to know how to ride an electric scooter safely. Here are 5 rules to help you avoid falls and accidents.
- Find a flat, open area to master the controls. Wear protective gear.
- Stand with one foot on the deck. Grab the steering wheel with both hands and lean forward. When you’re ready to take off, push off harder to start the scooter. Quickly place your second foot on the deck behind the first. This pose will help you balance while riding.
- When the engine is activated, step on the gas. Be careful not to press too hard to create a sudden acceleration.
- Start at a low speed. This makes it easier to learn how to balance.
- When cornering, practice turning the handlebars and shifting your weight to keep your balance. Lean forward when accelerating and lean backward when braking.
- Carefully follow this sequence of actions if you are just starting to ride an electric scooter.
How to maintain speed on an electric scooter?
A throttle is a device that controls the speed of a scooter. The throttle is often located next to the steering wheel. In some electric scooters, the throttle is a handle that you hold on to like a motorcycle.
When you press the throttle, the speed increases. It sends a signal to the controller, and the controller sends a signal to the motor. To maintain the desired speed, first adjust it by depressing the throttle, then release the mechanism.
How to brake on an electric scooter correctly?
Often the brake is located on the handlebars of an electric scooter. Apply the brake slowly so that there is no sudden braking and falling. As you slow down, bend your knees and shift your weight back.
It is most dangerous to brake on turns. Therefore, slow down in advance to avoid a fall or an emergency.
How to fold an electric scooter
This process is different depending on the model.
But the basic rules are general:
To begin place the scooter on a level surface and step on the deck with one foot before disengaging the locking mechanism.
Locate the mechanism release button. In different models, its location is different. Often it is located on the bottom of the rack near the soundboard.
To unlock the scooter press the button with your foot. At this point, the stand becomes mobile.
Grasp the steering wheel and push forward until it stops until you hear a click. It signals that the rack can be folded.
Lean the stand back and lay on the deku.
Fix the steering wheel to the wheel fender.
To unfold the scooter unhook the handlebar from the fender and straighten the stand. When it is fully aligned Segway Christmas Sale push it forward until it clicks. This is a signal that the locking mechanism is on again and the scooter is ready to ride.